West Vancouver Little League prides itself on delivering a positive baeball experience for ALL participants. Codes of Conduct for players, managers & coaches, and parents help us all stay on track.
Player Code of Conduct. As a player in West Vancouver Little League, I will abide by the Player’s Code of Conduct:
- I will respect the game, my teammates, my coaches and managers, and the umpires.
- I will never argue an umpire’s call or make comments to an umpire from the field or bench.
- I will never argue a coach’s decision and settle disagreements with coaches and other players after games and practices and away from other players.
- I will never fault other players when mistakes occur.
- I will always listen to and look at a coach while they are talking.
- I will always be in control of my temper and understand that swearing, throwing equipment or any other actions that detract from the spirit of the game may result in removal from the game and suspension.
- I will work hard for myself and my team and take pride in myself and everything I do on the field, and I will make every effort to maximize my playing ability.
- I will lead by being an example for my teammates. I will ALWAYS play by the rules.
- I understand that the goals of playing at West Vancouver Little League are to have fun and develop my baseball skills and create positive team spirit.
Coach & Manager Code of Conduct. As a coach or manager at West Vancouver Little League team, I hereby pledge to follow this Code of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all children, managers and coaches, umpires, league officials and parents including those of an opposing team, at every game, practice and event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of all children on all teams ahead of any desire to win.
- I will expect my players to treat all other players, coaches, umpires, league officials, and parents with respect.
- I will remember that West Vancouver Little League baseball is for children and not for adults.
I will do all I can to make the game fun and safe for all the children involved in West Vancouver Little League.
- I understand that West Vancouver Little League is a volunteer organization that requires parents to participate in activities, such as field preparation, umpiring, snack duty and scorekeeping. I will therefore enlist the support of all the parents of my players in this effort.
- I agree to be trained in the responsibilities of being a Little League manager or coach, including attending all meetings and training clinics.
Parent Code of Conduct. As a parent or guardian of a West Vancouver Little League player, I agree to the Parent Code of Conduct:
- I will remember that my child plays for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
- I will always encourage my child to play by the rules.
- I will always encourage my child to respect the coaches, their teammates and the umpires.
- I will never criticize an umpire’s judgment or direct negative comments towards them, or become a "Grandstand Manager."
- I will always address any questions or concerns to the coaching staff at the appropriate time, after games or practices and away from the players. I will be supportive and involved, without interfering with the operation of the team.
- I understand that the game of baseball is very difficult to learn and play. I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud the good plays by both my child’s team and their opponents. I will teach my child that trying their hardest despite the score or situation is extremely important.
- I understand that the goals of West Vancouver Little League are to have fun, develop my child’s baseball skills and create a positive team spirit.
- I understand that not abiding by this Code of Conduct or inappropriate conduct may result in my being asked to leave the ballpark and may possibly result in my child not playing.